Sunday 31 May 2020

Questions To Be Asked Before Enlarged Prostate Treatment


Enlarged Prostate or Benign Prostate Hyperplasia is a medical condition where your prostate cells grow, thereby leading to gland enlargement, further contributing to squeezing of your urethra. You may face a wide array of symptoms, which may even lead to severe or frequent urination problems.

Here are some questions to ask your medical practitioner 

  • Will you please help me in knowing more about my medical condition?
  • How fast will my disease lead to the stage of progression?
  • Will this likely contribute to the development of prostate cancer?
  • Are there any genetic influences that I need to be explicitly aware of?
  • What leads to the development of an enlarged prostate?
  • What are the signs and symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia?
  • What are the possible complications associated with this medical condition?
  • What are the possible diagnosis options available before me for detecting the presence of my medical condition?
  • When is it necessary to seek medical assistance for Benign Prostate Treatment?
  • What are the long-term effects associated with Enlarged Prostate Treatment?
  • What treatment options are available before me?
  • What are the chances of improving or eliminating symptoms and how long they are believed to last?
  • What is the most conservative and effective treatment available for the patients at this point in time?
  • What are the possible side effects of the several treatment options available before me?
  • Do I need to bring a change in my lifestyle or my diet after undergoing surgical enlarged prostate treatment?

Diagnosis

Ahead of recommending you for the Enlarged Prostate Treatment, your doctor will subject you to specific diagnostic procedures –

  • Digital rectal examination
  • Urine Tests
  • Blood Tests
  • Prostate-Specific Antigen Blood Tests
  • Urinary Flow Test
  • Postvoid Residual Volume Test
  • 24-hour Voiding Diary
  • Transrectal Ultrasound
  • Prostate Biopsy
  • Urodynamic and Pressure Flow Studies
  • Cystoscopy


No comments:

Post a Comment